Following individuals were promoted! Congratulations!
Master Bombardier Andy Chan, Master Bombardier Anders Grasdal and Bombardier Ryan Van Tunen
Check out the video taken at the Barrett Battery in Prince Rupert. There' spotential there for another restoration...
Have you checked out the 15th Field Artillery Regiment Museum Strategic Planning Page? We're waiting for your thoughts on our 4 key questions. To assist you, we've created an aide memoire detailing the organization of the museum. Check it out and join us in deciding where the museum should be going in the future.
Currently working on getting the Museum's Iltis roadworthy as part of our historic vehicle collection. Unfortunately, the speedometer cable broke on the way out to get safety tested. That has now been repaired (replaced) but the speedometer still does not work. Just removed the gear connecting the cable to the differential and discovered considerable wear. Sigh, where does one buy an item such as this?
The 85th Heavy Battery, RCA War Diaries, with attached reports, has been transcribed to the end of October, 1939. Check it out on the Yorke Island Project Display page.
Not quite 2 months on the island and the OC sends the following message:
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
YORK ISLAND File No. V 105
14 October, 1939
15th (Van) Coast Bde., R.C.A., C.A.S.F.
1. Reference our telegram 102, dated Oct 3, in which we asked you to include in the reinforcements detachment send up to us two cooks. We regret that these two cooks did not come with the detachment, neither did Gnrs Hewitt and Withers, a carpenter and plumber who would have been very useful.
2. We have no cooks here at present on our strength and cooking is being done by amateurs.
3. Will you please arrange to have them sent up in the next draft to this establishment.
4. We know that you have taken on twenty recruits for this Battery. Please arrange you do not take on too many recruits as there will be no room for these tradesmen.
p.s. weather for the previous week: 8-rainy, 9-rainy, 10-dull, 11-fair, 12-rainy, 13-fair, 14-dull
Submissions to our questionnaire are beginning to arrive in our inbox. They latest ones have been posted to our webpage here. Join the discussion by sending your comments.
1. What is your vision for the 15th Field Artillery Regiment Museum?
A vision is focused on the future and considers what the Museum will look like down the road. What will the visitor experience be like?
2. List five things you would like to see happen at the museum that will help make this vision a reality.
3. Where do you see yourself in this vision?
4. Where do you see the museum in five years?
Please send your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 Feb 2021. We're interested in all responses, even if you're not able to attend the planning session on 10 Feb
Strategic Planning Session
The 15th Field Artillery Regiment Museum and Archives Society will be conducting a Strategic Planning Session on Wednesday. 10 February 2021 from 1300 hours to 1500 hours.
All members of the Regimental family are invited to attend.
The session will be focused on developing a future vision for the Museum to assist the 5 year planning committee (Brian Cormier, Leon Jensen and Bob Mugford). Check out the details here.